The Georgia Department of Education has named Satilla Elementary School a 2019-2020 Reward School. The distinction of Reward School recognizes that Satilla Elementary was among the greatest five percent of Title I Schools and those who are Title I Targeting Assistance Schools by their increase in student achievement.
Reward Schools also have to maintain the performance of their economically disadvantages students, students with disabilities and English learners in order to be recognized. Principal Lee Mobley, Assistant Principal Carla Rish and Academic Coach Brandon Bush recently shared a presentation with the school board at the November school meeting on all of the programs they have initiated as it related to their students’ educational improvement.
Students’ academic performance has continued to increase, resulting in this reward.
- Best-selling author speaks to Coffee County teachers at Convocation
- Coffee Alliance for the Arts presents scholarship to Cailey Martinez
- School system to provide free meals this school year
- Coastal Plains Charter High School to hold open house
- School system announces new Ambrose principal, three other administrators