On December 17, 2019, the Alma-Bacon County Crime Suppression Unit obtained information of the possible location of James Metts in Telfair County. CSU passed the information along to the Telfair County Sheriff’s Office. Telfair County deputies, Coffee County K-9 and the Department of Corrections K-9 were able to locate Metts along with Arlene Harrell travelling near her residence. Both Harrell and Metts led officers in a pursuit. Both parties have been arrested.
Metts has been returned to the Bacon County Jail and has been charged with escape and theft by taking automobile.
Harrell is in the Telfair County Jail and has been charged with aiding or permitting another to escape lawful custody or confinement.
The Bacon County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank Sheriff Chris Steverson and the Telfair County Sheriff’s Office, Sheriff Doyle Wooten and the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Department of Corrections Ware State K-9 for their assistance in capturing this fugitive and returning him back to the Bacon County Jail.
- Escaped Bacon County inmate may be in Coffee, Atkinson, Telfair counties
- Inmate escapes Saturday evening, captured Sunday morning
- Escaped inmate from Carroll County captured near Broxton
- Fugitive wanted in Alma arrested by U.S. Marshals in Texas
- Escaped inmate has ties to Coffee County, may be in the area