On Wednesday, January 1, 2020, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a death investigation.
At approximately 12:50 a.m., Coffee County 911 received a call regarding a possible deceased male, later identified as Vann Brown, 39, at 1200 Woodrow Harper Road in Ambrose. Brown had been in an altercation and sustained injuries which were believed to have caused his death. Brown will be transported to the GBI Crime Lab in Macon where an autopsy will be performed and a final cause of death determined.
The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI Region 4 office at (912) 389-4103.
- Third suspect indicted on murder charges in death of Vann Brown
- County, cities to host broadband public hearing
- City announces joint public hearing for county, Ambrose, Broxton, Douglas, Nicholls
- GBI Perry and Douglas offices investigating related shootings, armed carjacking
- GBI releases details regarding Christmas Eve shooting