On Wednesday, January 1, 2020, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a death investigation.
At approximately 12:50 a.m., Coffee County 911 received a call regarding a possible deceased male, later identified as Vann Brown, 39, at 1200 Woodrow Harper Road in Ambrose. Brown had been in an altercation and sustained injuries which were believed to have caused his death. Brown will be transported to the GBI Crime Lab in Macon where an autopsy will be performed and a final cause of death determined.
The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI Region 4 office at (912) 389-4103.
- Three arrested in connection with New Year's Day death near Ambrose
- Broxton PD officer fires at vehicle during chase, GBI investigating
- GBI investigates in-custody death at the Coffee County Jail
- GBI investigates officer involved shooting in Atkinson County
- Seven arrested on gang and other charges after shooting