One man has been charged with child molestation following an investigation that began on Christmas Day.
According to a press release issued by the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to the Douglas Police Department after a report of a possible sexual assault that took place on Dec. 25, 2019. Deputies spoke with a female who stated that her 13-year-old daughter had been sexually assaulted. Deputies notified detectives and as a result of the ensuing investigation, they determined that Edward Allen Watford was the offender.
Watford turned himself into the sheriff’s office on Jan. 3, 2020. He was charged with one count of child molestation.
Latest from Staff Reports
- School system: Student accidentally brings gun to CMS, no harm intended
- Former magistrate judge passes at 83
- Broxton PD officer fires at vehicle during chase, GBI investigating
- City fire chief arrested, charged with pointing a gun at another person
- Former Clerk of Court Willifred Thompson, 88, has passed