Condemned murderer Jimmy Fletcher Meders is scheduled for execution by lethal injection at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 16 at Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson. Meders was sentenced to death in 1989 for the murder of Don Anderson.
Media witnesses for the execution are Kate Brumback, Associated Press – Atlanta Bureau, Christian Boone, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, DeAnn Komanecky, Savannah Morning News, Iban de Miguel, Univision Communications, and Robert Harrison Preston Jr., Broadcast South.
Meders requested a last meal of ten chicken strips, two bacon cheeseburgers, french fries, soda, and a pint of vanilla ice cream.
There have been 74 men and one woman executed in Georgia since the U.S. Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty in 1976. If executed, Meders will be the 53rd inmate put to death by lethal injection. There are presently 43 men and one woman under death sentence in Georgia.
- Douglas native owned home that Ahmaud Arbery was in just before being shot to death
- State: Ray Cromartie's execution will take place on October 30
- Escaped inmate from Carroll County captured near Broxton
- Who am I to refute their judgments? On the question of moral neutrality
- Tonight Georgia executed Warren Lee Hill and I was a witness
Latest from Submitted
- South Georgia State College to host virtual town hall June 1
- Satilla Regional Library adds library content streaming service, hoopla digital
- Fitzgerald Family Eyecare welcomes Dr. Kenneth Shealy
- Strawberry lime smoothies, summer camp information
- Douglas man indicted in federal firearms, drugs operation Project Guardian