David Clarke, who has previously worked with the campaigns for Gov. Brian Kemp and U.S. Rep. Tom Graves, has announced his candidacy for the District 4 county commission seat later this year. County commission chair Johnny Wayne Jowers is the current District 4 commissioner.
In a Facebook post on Friday, Jan. 31, 2020, Clarke made the following announcement:
“Today I’m officially announcing my candidacy for Coffee County Commissioner in the 4th Commissioner District! Coffee County is the place I’ve called home my entire life and that’s why I’ve decided to run for County Commissioner. I want to work to better the community that has given me so much. From purchasing a home to opening a Real Estate business I’ve wanted nothing more than to invest in Coffee County, and I want to continue that investment by serving you as County Commissioner.
“During my time working for now Governor Brian Kemp and Congressman Tom Graves I learned how vital local government truly is. County Commissioner’s are tasked with keeping the roads that our children and seniors ride on everyday maintained as well as making sure that our Sheriffs department has the budget it needs to better protect and serve the community, among numerous other responsibilities. I firmly believe we should elect Republicans that are going to uphold our values and traditions at not only the Federal and State level but at the Local level as well.
“I look forward to an issue based campaign and if I don’t have your vote now, I hope to gain it over the next several months. I’m excited to meet the residents of District 4 and hear about their issues and concerns with the direction we want our county to go!”
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Grand Jury hands down over 30 indictments
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties
- Domestic dispute erupts after wife finds husband at mistress's home, husband arrested on aggravated assault charges
- Another traffic stop, another meth arrest
Latest from Robert Preston
- Linebacker Larry Daniel named First Team All State, six others receive Honorable Mention
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl
- CHS junior selected to represent the US at international weightlifting competition
- McDuffie named Region Player of the Year, 11 other Trojans make All Region 1st Team