District 2 county commissioner Jimmy Kitchens has announced his intention to run for re-election later this year. Commissioner Kitchens released the following statement:
“I, Jimmy Kitchens, would like to announce my candidacy for re-election for county commissioner Coffee County District 2 in the November general election. I have been honored to serve District 2 and Coffee County for the past 15 years. I have enjoyed working with other constitutional officers and county employees in order to maintain a responsible government. I have kept contact and built relationships with local, state, and U.S. officials to let them know the needs and wishes of the citizens of Coffee County.
“I have and will continue to listen and work with the citizens of District 2 and Coffee County in order to grow our government and economic development both responsibly and efficiently. Again I ask for your support to re-elect me as your county commissioner for District 2.”
- Georgia Motor Vehicle Division offers tag extensions due to COVID-19
- Sheriff: 'No COVID-19 cases in Coffee County Jail'
- CRMC reports first positive COVID-19 case for Coffee County
- Presidential primary postponed, will be combined with General Primary on May 19
- Walter James throws hat into sheriff's election