Two armed customers in the One-Trip store in Willacoochee may have kept an armed robbery at the store from turning into something much more serious.
According to a statement released by Atkinson County Sheriff David Moore, at 4:10 a.m. on Feb. 2, 2020, a male armed with a handgun walked into the One-Trip and ordered employees to get money from the cash register. Four people were in the store – two of whom were armed. They drew their guns and told the robber to stop. The robber took as much cash as he could grab and ran out of the store.
Deputies from the Atkinson County Sheriff’s Office and officers from the Willacoochee Police Department responded. They soon arrested Creon Qumain Jones, 25, of Willacoochee. He was charged with armed robbery. Officers are looking for Jernard Walker, 23, in connection with the case.
Jones remains in jail.
- Armed robbery attempt at McDonald's lands three in jail
- Police arrest suspect in Malcolm's Drug Store robbery
- Crop duster crashes in Atkinson County, pilot survives
- Coffee, ATCO, Pearson authorities solve stolen fire equipment case
- Lakeland PD officer allegedly shoots inmate in Atkinson County, GBI investigating