A fairly major – and potentially disruptive – road project will begin Monday in Douglas, weather permitting. If all goes well, the project will wrap on April 18.
The Georgia Department of Transportation has notified the City of Douglas that a contractor will be removing asphalt at the intersection of State Route (SR) 206 and SR 32 and replacing it with concrete. Concrete holds up well against the braking and idling of large trucks, which creates ruts in asphalt. There are no restrictions on when the contractor is permitted to work. The scheduled completion date is April 18, 2020.
Maintenance will require lane closures on some busy routes and motorists should be alert for changing traffic patterns in these areas.
Latest from Staff Reports
- DA drops charges against defendant in Vann Brown death case
- SGSC soccer makes history, wins first conference championship
- Vamshi Reddy one of seven candidates for Oregon U.S. Attorney position
- Larue Sheffield trial begins this week, jury selection underway
- Combat Night fills two titles, local fighters 2-2 in their bouts