According to the Douglas Police Department, the bicyclist suffered minor injuries and the driver of the vehicle was unhurt. However, the police department posted on its Facebook page that “we will be enforcing traffic laws on bicyclists all over town in an effort to curb this dangerous trend of recent accidents.”
Last week, a bicyclist was struck and killed by a vehicle at the intersection of Bowens Mill Road and South Gaskin Avenue. Bicycles are considered vehicles in Georgia and must obey the same traffic laws as motorized vehicles. Bicyclists must travel with traffic, obey traffic signals, and operate their bicycles safely.
- CHS, CMS art students assist Called to Care in helping Coffee County's families and children
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: Faith on display, please fill out census forms
- SGSC classes go online for semester, cancels spring graduation
- CRMC reports first positive COVID-19 case for Coffee County
- Former Arkansas governor, presidential candidate Mike Huckabee to speak in Douglas