On Friday, Feb. 28, the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office announced that officers were looking for Anthony Goodwin, a convicted sex offender. Goodwin had failed to notify the Coffee County Sheriff's Office of his current address, according to the CCSO.
On March 12, deputies located and arrested Goodwin at a residence in the county. He was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Coffee County Jail. He is currently charged with failure to register address change and violation of probation.
Sheriff Doyle Wooten released the following statement: “Officers take the appropriate actions as dictated by law when they do not. Keeping the public informed and our children safe is above all the most important factor. This is done by providing a local site that is constantly update throughout the day to keep the public aware of the information that has been provided to us by the offender and through officer visits to the locations of residences and employment. If you find information that is incorrect then please call us so we can look into the information provided and determine if the offender has provided false information.” He added that citizens can access the aforementioned site at http://www.comm unitynotification.com/cap_main.php?office=55073 or through www.coffeecountygov.com by selecting Sheriff’s tab.
Latest from Staff Reports
- School system releases statement concerning school closures
- Coronavirus update: Coffee County schools to remain open
- Convicted sex offender fails to show up in court, CCSO seeks public's help locating her
- CRMC alters visitor policy due to coronavirus
- Gotti charged with voluntary manslaughter, Gordon charged with tampering with evidence in fatal December shooting