The Presidential Preference Primary has been postponed and will be combined with the General Primary Election on May 19, 2020. If a voter has already voted in the Presidential Preference Primary, they will receive a ballot with just the General Primary Election. If the voter not voted in the Presidential Preference Primary, they will receive a ballot with the Presidential Preference Primary and the General Primary Election.
A voter will not be able to vote one party for the Presidential Preference Primary and another party for the General Primary, unless a voter has already voted in the Presidential Preference Primary or applies for a Presidential Preference Primary absentee ballot by mail by Friday, March 20, 2020. No absentee ballots by mail for the Presidential Preference Primary will be mailed after Friday, March 20, 2020.
Advance voting will take place from April 27, 2020 through May 15, 2020 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday voting will take place on May 9, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The first day to mail absentee ballots by mail will be March 21, 2020.
If you have any questions, call the Elections Office at (912) 384-7018.
- Coffee County Food Bank opens in Douglas
- Community Foundation announces grant deadline, to award grants totaling $10,000
- Ferst Readers Board of Directors announces new president Davida Morgan Washington
- Wade edges Miller for BOE District 3 seat, Sheriff Wooten wins third term
- Officials encounter problems counting votes, all ballots still not counted