At the regular Douglas City Commission meeting on Monday, March 23, 2020, Mayor Tony Paulk issued a Declaration of Local Emergency to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Beginning March 24, 2020, 8 am, the Declaration has put in place the following:
A local emergency plan has been placed in effect and Sections of City of Douglas Code will be implemented: Chapter 30, Article II, Sec. 30-26 through Sec. 30-31. The following measures also be implemented all retail stores based upon square footage will have limited customers.
- Retail stores – grocery, pharmaceutical, and building supplies –
- Up to 4,999 square feet, stores can have 10 customers at any given moment,
- 5,000 to 9,999 square feet, stores can have up to 25 customers at any given moment,
- 10,000 to 19,999 square feet, stores can have up to 50 customers at any given moment,
- 20,000 to 49,999 square feet, stores can have up to 100 customers at any given moment,
- 50,000 to 99,999 square feet, stores can have up to 125 customers at any given moment.
- 100,000 square feet plus, stores can have up to 500 customers at any given moment.
- Retail stores – non-grocery, non-pharmaceutical, and non-building supplies –
- 25 percent of occupancy load up to a maximum of 50 people in the store at any given moment.
- Food restaurant establishments
- In door dining room facilities are ordered to close down
- All food must be serviced via the drive thru, curbside and delivery.
- All bars are closed per Gov. Brian Kemp's directive.
A citywide curfew is enacted for everyone between the hours of 9 pm until 6 am; unless you are working or governed by the Department of Homeland Security’s Cyber-Security and Security Agency or any other federal agency.
Funeral services are affected accordingly:
- No public visitations only immediate family members and/or significant other not to exceed 10.
- Funeral services – Only immediate family members and/or significant others up to 10.
- Graveside Funerals – Up to 25 people will be allowed to participate.
- All funeral activities are ordered to implement the social distancing rule of 6-foot separation
All non-work, and other specified exception are hereby limited to 10 people; however churches are exempt at this time. Churches are encouraged to cancel in-house services, to employ social media broadcasting, and parking lot services. All citizens are mandated to implement social distancing rule of six feet.
These actions are to continue until further notice. It is asked that all citizens of Douglas abide by this declaration for the health and safety of everyone.
For more information, please call (912) 389-3401. Please go to www.cityofdouglas.com for entire declaration, ordinance, and other information.