Wiregrass dual enrollment welding students finish 8th in regionals, 2nd in state
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Wiregrass is proud of dual enrollment Welding students from Wiregrass Regional College and Career Academy. Cody Thurman (11th grade), Ryan Fields (10th grade), Stacy Rodriquez (11th grade), and Evan Merritt (11th grade) competed in the State SkillsUSA competition in March. The high school students were able to compete before it was announced the competition was cancelled due to COVID-19. The team placed in the top 8 in regionals and second in state. The students practiced on their own two times a week for six months.
Evan and Stacy have started building and welding in their spare time as a side job. Stacy, Cody, and Evan have all completed one pathway for Welding (Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welding). Ryan just finished his first year in Welding. The college looks forward to next year’s SkillsUSA and Welding competitions with these students. Wiregrass Tech’s Rick Perkins Instructor of the Year Mike Day is their instructor.
Latest from Submitted
- SGSC's Carlos Hart plays in NJCAA All-Star Game
- Man hanging out at convenience store allegedly attempts to toss bag of meth, arrested
- Coffee County election security breach: An open letter to Coffee County voters
- Wiregrass Tech receives Health Care Workforce Grant for over $400,000
- A high school umpire and a Coffee County resident among several arrested in Jeff Davis County on drug charges