Former District 3 county commissioner Donnie Graham, age 77, passed away on Thursday, May 28, 2020 at Coffee Regional Medical Center. Mr. Graham was born on September 16, 1942 in Coffee County, Georgia the son of the late Cecil Graham and Geneva Lott Graham.
Mr. Graham was a retired insurance agent, a basketball coach with several Coffee County schools and a member of St. Mark United Methodist Church. He served the citizens of District 3 as county commissioner from 2002-2006.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother, Darrell Graham.
Survivors include his wife, Juanell G. Graham of Douglas, GA; son, Greg “Squash” Graham (Freda) of Douglas, GA; four grandchildren, Caleb Lairsey, Jayk Graham (Allie), Ganon Graham (Amber Cason) and Jenna Graham.
Graveside services were held on Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 2 pm at Reedy Branch Church Cemetery with Rev. Chris Calhoun officiating.
In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that memorials be sent to:
St. Mark United Methodist Church, 501 E. Walker Street, Douglas, GA 31533 or Coffee High School Lady Trojan Softball team, c/o Greg Graham,
316 Windward Dr., Douglas, GA 31535
Sims Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
- Coffee County Food Bank opens in Douglas
- Community Foundation announces grant deadline, to award grants totaling $10,000
- Ferst Readers Board of Directors announces new president Davida Morgan Washington
- Wade edges Miller for BOE District 3 seat, Sheriff Wooten wins third term
- Officials encounter problems counting votes, all ballots still not counted