Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Coffee Correctional Facility in Nicholls is #1 in the state – in a rather unenviable category.
According to the Georgia Department of Corrections, CCF leads the state in the number of inmate COVID-19 cases. The department of corrections has reported that CCF has had 177 positive cases among inmates, well ahead of Autry State Prison, which has the second highest number of COVID-19 cases with 76. CCF, however, has reported one inmate death. Coastal State Prison is tops in that category with five.
The Georgia Department of Public Health reports that Coffee County has had 534 total COVID-19 cases and 17 deaths. The COVID-19 numbers at the prison in Nicholls are not reflected in the county’s number of cases. According to Rebecca Reis, a risk communicator with the Southeast Health District, the cases are counted for the inmate’s county of residence not the county of incarceration. So whatever county an inmate lists as his or her county of residence if he/she wasn’t incarcerated is the county for which the COVID-19 case is recorded.
- Garrett Streat of Nicholls selected as Mercer University School of Medicine Nathan Deal Scholar
- Riot with multiple injuries reported at Coffee Correctional Facility
- Ware County man arrested, charged with DUI after fatal side-by-side crash near Nicholls
- Coffee native takes ownership of Badcock store in Commerce, Ga.
- Nicholls native leads Atlanta Drum Academy to golden buzzer on America's Got Talent
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans head into state title game as six-point favorites
- City commission approves rate increase for trash collection
- Tyreek Hill makes case as first wide receiver to win NFL MVP
- Coffee beats Cartersville for 14th win, headed to the state title game
- For the third time in four years, Coffee faces Cartersville on the road in the postseason