To best meet the future care needs of our community and meet the global pandemic's challenges, Coffee Regional Medical Center (CRMC) was recently granted two essential requests.
After careful consideration, Coffee Regional Medical Center recently made two applications to the state of Georgia. One application was for additional nurses, respiratory and physical therapists, and medical and laboratory technologists. We are grateful that our request for additional staff was responded to swiftly. We have credentialed many additional nurses and technologists who are working alongside our outstanding team of caregivers as we care for our patients.
Our second application was a request to increase our patient care capacity by 34 beds; the state immediately granted this application. Both of these important steps are examples of the strong partnership CRMC has with the state of Georgia, and we are grateful for the positive responses.
Throughout the pandemic, hospital volumes at CRMC, like all hospitals, have fluctuated daily, as patients are discharged, and additional patients arrive for care. As those volumes fluctuate, our medical staff, EMS team, and other hospitals in the region work together to make decisions about admissions and emergency transport, always keeping safe patient care at the center of every decision. Every day the total number of available hospital beds is reported to a state database by CRMC and all other hospitals. These coordinated efforts help to assure that all residents can rely on the hospitals in their community. At CRMC, our resources and staffing are currently stable, and we are proud to be able to meet our community's needs.
Before COVID-19 reached Coffee County, we routinely experienced high patient volumes. These volumes result from your trust in CRMC to be a healthcare leader in South Georgia, offering specialty services such as cardiology, oncology, and orthopedics. Our caregivers and staff have worked hard to prepare for these volumes since before our first COVID-19 positive case, and we are confident in our preparedness. Our team is second to none.
CRMC urges the community to do the following:
- Continue to wear a mask when out in public.
- Keep a distance of six feet between you and others not living in your household.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer when washing your hands is not possible.
- Use caution when touching common surfaces: gas pumps, keypads, public door handles. Always wash your hands after coming in contact with these surfaces.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are not feeling well.
- Follow the guidelines set forth by local and state governments regarding COVID-19 safety measures.
- Visit us online for more information: www.CoffeeRegional.org/coronavirus