A 24-year-old man who was babysitting a female juvenile while her mother was out of town has been arrested and charged with child molestation, according to the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office.
On August 5, 2020, deputies were dispatched to a residence on Donnie Harper Road about an assault. Deputies made contact with the complainant at the location. The complainant told deputies that she had been out of town and had left her daughter at home with a known male subject who also resided at the residence. The complainant told deputies that when she returned home her daughter told her that the male subject had touched her inappropriately. The male subject was not at the location when deputies arrived.
The Criminal Investigation Division was notified and began an investigation. A forensic interview with the child was conducted on August 6, 2020 at the Child Advocacy Center. Upon further investigation detectives determined that Deshawn Lamar Washington was the alleged offender. Based off this information, officers obtained a warrant on Washington for child molestation.
On August 31, 2020, Washington, age 24, turned himself in at the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office. Washington was also charged with a probation violation. Washington appeared in front of the Magistrate Judge for his first bond appearance and bond was denied. Washington remains incarcerated in the Coffee County Jail.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Lady Trojans win six of last eight, ranked #3 in state
- Tina Snipes's disappearance ruled a death, still no answers two years later
- Deputies arrest 24-year-old for child molestation
- Citizen seeking arrest of Paulk, Preston withdraws request, judge dismisses Pearson's TPO petition against Preston
- Deputies arrest convicted sex offender for exposing himself to children