On September 4, 2020 Coffee County deputies were dispatched to 112 Country Acres Road about a theft.
Upon arrival deputies contacted the victim who stated that someone had taking his home-made 18 ft. blueberry trailer off his property sometime in June. The case was turned over the Criminal Investigation Division for further investigation. As a result of that investigation some parts of the trailer were recovered.
Detectives have secured a warrant on an Alma man, Skylar Langston Mims, 25, for theft by receiving stolen property. Mims was located on September 15, 2020 by Coffee County detectives and is currently in the Coffee County Jail.
- Officers charge Andre Larron Benjamin with murder in shooting death of Joshua Lashawn Brown
- City seeking construction contractors
- Land Bank Authority: A solution for vacant, blighted properties
- Pedestrian safety measures added to Douglas state route
- Local filmmaker talks to CHS students, offers scholarship