On September 8, 2020, Coffee County drug detectives received information from an employee with the Ware County Sheriff’s Office that James Ervin Thomas, 36, was in the Coffee County area and had an active warrant.
Detectives were also informed that Thomas was on active probation. Detectives were able to locate Thomas at the rear parking lot of the Fountain Inn, located at 1007 South Peterson Ave.
While the warrant was being confirmed detectives searched Thomas’s person. Inside his pants pocket was a clear plastic bag with suspected methamphetamine and a glass pipe commonly used to smoke narcotics. Thomas was charged for possession of methamphetamine. Thomas first appearance bond was denied and he is currently in the Coffee County Jail.
- Sheriff's office makes child molestation, family violence, drug arrests in separate investigations
- Officers arrest three on drug charges
- Deputies make arrests in theft cases
- Sheriff's office makes arrests on drug, other charges
- Career drug dealer from Alma sentenced for methamphetamine, opioids, marijuana