On September 15, 2020 at approximately 4:45 p.m., David Wayne Giddens was apprehended in Room 222 at the Fountain Inn for a probation violation.
Drug Unit detectives were informed that Giddens had a fourth amendment wavier and searched his person. They located a clear plastic bag with suspected methamphetamine and a clear plastic bag with suspected marijuana. All evidence was collected and secured.
Giddens was transported to the Coffee County Jail for processing. He was charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana less than one ounce and probation violation. Giddens’s bond was denied and he is currently incarcerated in the Coffee County Jail.
- Officers charge Andre Larron Benjamin with murder in shooting death of Joshua Lashawn Brown
- City seeking construction contractors
- Land Bank Authority: A solution for vacant, blighted properties
- Pedestrian safety measures added to Douglas state route
- Local filmmaker talks to CHS students, offers scholarship