On September 15, 2020 a Coffee County deputy conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle driven by Laramey Eugene Knight for a headlight equipment violation. It was determined that Knight’s license was expired. A search of Knight’s vehicle resulted in the location of methamphetamine. The Coffee County Drug Unit was notified. Knight, 35, of Forsyth, was arrested and booked into the Coffee County Jail and has been charged with Driving with an Expired License, Possession of Methamphetamine, and Possession of Drug Related Objects. He was denied bond and is currently incarcerated in the Coffee County Jail.
On Sept. 18, 2020, a Coffee County Drug Unit K-9 deputy observed a vehicle improperly stopped in the middle of Chaney Road and GA Hwy 32 West. After a further investigation, Jeromino Mosquedo, age 54 of Douglas, was found to be in possession of methamphetamine. Mosquedo was arrested and charged for Possession of Methamphetamine, driving while unlicensed and improperly stopping in roadway. Mosquedo was granted bond in his first appearance bond hearing and is currently released awaiting future court dates.
On September 23, 2020, the Coffee County Drug Unit located a wanted subject identified as Matthew Corey Zanders, at a residence on E.L Curtis Road. Zanders was wanted for an outstanding probation violation warrant as well as a outstanding Possession of Methamphetamine Warrant. Zanders, 28, of Douglas, was arrested and transported to the Coffee County Jail. His first appearance bond was denied, and he is currently incarcerated in the Coffee County Jail.
On September 24, 2020, a K-9 deputy attempted to stop a vehicle on Dolly Brock Road for a seat belt violation. The driver of the vehicle refused to stop and fled from the deputy. The driver failed to negotiate the turn onto St. Illa Church Road and crashed the vehicle. The driver and a passenger in the vehicle fled on foot. With assistance from the Georgia State Patrol Air Unit and Ware State Prison K-9 Unit both individuals were apprehended in a swampy area west of the crash location. The driver was identified as Herman King, 22, of Ambrose, and the passenger as Courtney McMillan, 20, of Douglas. Both King and Herman were transported to the Coffee County Jail. King was charged with Driving While License Suspended, Expired Tag, Failure to Maintain, Fleeing or Attempting to Elude a Law Enforcement Officer, Hit and Run, No Proof of Insurance, Reckless Driving, Too Fast For Conditions, Use of Safety Belt in Passenger Vehicle, McMillan was charged with , Fleeing or Attempting to Elude a Law Enforcement Officer and a Probation Violation. Both King and McMillan are currently incarcerated in the Coffee County Jail.
- Convicted drug dealer back in jail for same offense
- Shoplifting incident leads to multi-county chase, crash
- Passenger in vehicle allegedly attempts to swallow bag of cocaine during traffic stop
- Domestic dispute erupts after wife finds husband at mistress's home, husband arrested on aggravated assault charges
- Douglas woman back in jail after allegedly failing to meet conditions of bond
Latest from Submitted
- RW Griffin receives Industry Partner of the Year, Liddell Greenway accepts Jackie Wilson Women in Leadership Award at annual Chamber event
- Gracie Brunel named to LaGrange College VPAA’s List
- Turn taxes into treatment at CRMC
- Broxton author goes behind bars to share healthcare stories
- SGSC falls to Georgia Highlands in OT