On Monday, October 5, 2020, the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office received a request from the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a death investigation.
On Monday, October 5, 2020, at approximately 6:00 p.m., the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to 367 Creekwood Road in Douglas in reference to a person found deceased. Upon arrival, deputies found Ja’rique Johan Brown, 15, deceased from an apparent gunshot wound. Brown’s body will be transported to the GBI Medical Examiner’s office for an autopsy.
As a result of investigative acts conducted by Agents and Coffee County Investigators, a juvenile was arrested and charged with one count of felony murder. The juvenile was transported to the Waycross Youth Detention Center in Waycross.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Jeff Davis deputies arrest, jail a number of suspected dealers and users
- Deputies arrest wanted fugitive on Friday the 13th
- Three arrested in theft case
- School system cancels classes at CHS until November 30
- GBI, Ben Hill County Sheriff's Office arrest police officer on child sexual exploitation charges