On Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at approximately 9 a.m., federal, state, and local agencies executed federal search warrants at two medical practices owned and operated by Dr. Wallace Steve Anderson PC. Assets and evidence were seized during an all-day operation.
Dr. Anderson was arrested and charged with one count of possession of a Scheduled III controlled substance in violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act. Dr. Anderson appeared in front of the state magistrate judge this morning at the Coffee County Law Enforcement Center and was released on bail. This investigation is ongoing and Dr. Anderson could potentially face federal charges.
The offices agents searched were his main office at 1311 Ocilla Road, Douglas; Open MRI, also at 1311 Ocilla Road; and Dr. Steve Anderson Behavior Medicine at 410 Shirley Avenue.
The following agencies were involved: Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Southeastern Regional Drug Enforcement Office (SRDEO), Jeff Davis County Sheriff's Office, the Douglas Police Department, and the Georgia Composite Medical Board's Office of Investigations and Enforcement.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Jeff Davis deputies arrest, jail a number of suspected dealers and users
- Deputies arrest wanted fugitive on Friday the 13th
- Three arrested in theft case
- School system cancels classes at CHS until November 30
- GBI, Ben Hill County Sheriff's Office arrest police officer on child sexual exploitation charges