Following a brief investigation, on October 6, 2020, the Coffee County Drug Unit served a search warrant at 199 Elm Street in Douglas.
As a result of the search warrant, James Major Nolan, 37, from Douglas and Denzel Akeem Pace, 26, from Douglas, were arrested for possession of methamphetamine. Richard Lamar Baum, 49, from Broxton was also arrested for possession of drug related objects. All three appeared before the magistrate judge for their first appearance bond hearings.
Nolan and Pace were denied bond and are currently incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail. Baum was released on bond pending future court appearances.
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- City to hold 12 open house dates for World War II barracks
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept