Due to an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases at Coffee High School, the Coffee County School System has cancelled on-site classes at CHS until after the Thanksgiving holidays. The last day of classes is Thursday, November 12, 2020. Classes at the high school will resume on Monday, November 30, 2020. Students will "attend" classes virtually next week.
At this time, no other schools in the system will be closed.
The school system released the following statement on its Facebook page about 4 p.m. Thursday:
“Due to an increase in the number of positive COVID-19 cases and exposures among students and staff at Coffee High School, the school will close at the end of the school day today (Thursday, November 12, 2020). This school closure will prevent further spread among staff and students. The school will remain closed on Friday, November 13 for deep cleaning and sanitizing. Classes will resume using distance education via Google Classroom on Monday, November 16 and continue throughout the week of November 16-20. Students will not report to campus for classes next week. We plan to resume on-campus classes on Monday, November 30.
“Chromebooks will be available for pickup at CHS Monday, November 16 for those who have WiFi access and need to borrow one in order to participate in distance learning. The Chromebook pickup schedule will be:
“Coffee High students and parents will receive more specific details from the school administration and faculty.
“The closing of Coffee High School is a precaution as the school system works to ensure in-person learning can continue in other schools. The community at large is encouraged to work together: stay home when you’re sick; get tested if you’re symptomatic; report your child’s positive test to their school; if you are directed to quarantine, follow the instructions and limit interaction with non-family members, socially distance and wear a mask when in public.”
- Coffee football announces players of the week after first-round victory
- Coffee High FBLA participates in virtual leadership training
- Coffee County School System one of the GSBA's Governance Team finalists
- Mayor, commission say no to annual Christmas parade
- CMS announces first nine-week incentive winners
Latest from Staff Reports
- Jeff Davis deputies arrest, jail a number of suspected dealers and users
- Deputies arrest wanted fugitive on Friday the 13th
- Three arrested in theft case
- GBI, Ben Hill County Sheriff's Office arrest police officer on child sexual exploitation charges
- Sheriff's office makes child molestation, family violence, drug arrests in separate investigations