Friday the 13th was a very unlucky day for a wanted fugitive in Coffee County.
Coffee County investigators arrested Charlie Lee Smith Jr. on November 13, 2020. Smith fled from officers on September 30, 2020 as they were about to execute a search warrant at Lamar’s Auto Repair Shop in Broxton.
Smith is currently in the Coffee County Jail where he has been charged with Manufacture, Distribute, Possess with Intent to Distribute, Offer to Distribute Explosive Device, Possess or have in his/her control a counterfeit substance, as well as numerous charges of Possession of Schedule II, III, and IV Controlled Substances, two counts of Possession of a Firearm or Knife During the Commission of a Crime, Sale of Schedule I or Schedule II Controlled Substance, two counts of Theft by Receiving Stolen Property, Trafficking in Cocaine, Illegal Drugs, Marijuana, or Methamphetamine and Willful Obstruction of Law Enforcement Officers.
Smith has made his first appearance bond hearing before the magistrate judge and was denied bond on all charges.
Latest from Staff Reports
- GBI investigates death at Waycross Youth Detention Center
- Lady Trojans show determination and fight in come-from-behind win over TCC
- Lace Futch, South Georgia's biggest champion, passes at 83
- DPD arrests a second suspect in death of Rae Rae Barnes
- Pickett to stand trial this month on 2020 aggravated assault charge