Friday the 13th was a very unlucky day for a wanted fugitive in Coffee County.
Coffee County investigators arrested Charlie Lee Smith Jr. on November 13, 2020. Smith fled from officers on September 30, 2020 as they were about to execute a search warrant at Lamar’s Auto Repair Shop in Broxton.
Smith is currently in the Coffee County Jail where he has been charged with Manufacture, Distribute, Possess with Intent to Distribute, Offer to Distribute Explosive Device, Possess or have in his/her control a counterfeit substance, as well as numerous charges of Possession of Schedule II, III, and IV Controlled Substances, two counts of Possession of a Firearm or Knife During the Commission of a Crime, Sale of Schedule I or Schedule II Controlled Substance, two counts of Theft by Receiving Stolen Property, Trafficking in Cocaine, Illegal Drugs, Marijuana, or Methamphetamine and Willful Obstruction of Law Enforcement Officers.
Smith has made his first appearance bond hearing before the magistrate judge and was denied bond on all charges.
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- 32-year-old allegedly forces way into a home, says he kills everybody, then sits down and has a meal
- Man charged for allegedly stabbing 17-year-old during dispute at home
- Trial recap: Jury finds Justin Anderson innocent of murder, guilty of tampering with evidence and making false statements
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Migrant women endured medical mistreatment at Georgia ICE facility, U.S. Senate report finds
- DPD makes arrest in golf club thefts
- Douglas native one of 17 alleged gang members charged in Barrow County