Special agents with the Georgia Department of Corrections’ (GDC) Office of Professional Standards are investigating the death of an inmate at Coffee Correctional Facility in Nicholls, as a suspected homicide.
Agents have reason to believe offender Kendall Cromer (GDC#1000175901) died as a result of injuries sustained during an altercation involving another inmate on November 30. Medical personnel responded and life saving measures were performed. Cromer was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced deceased by a hospital physician, at approximately 1:17 a.m. The GDC is conducting an investigation into the death, as standard procedure.
Cromer was sentenced to serve 20 years in 2008, in Dekalb County for armed robbery.
- Lack of manpower, lack of 'proper essentials,' strict budget given as reasons Nicholls police officers resigned
- County, cities to host broadband public hearing
- Department of Corrections, CoreCivic investigating four deaths at Coffee Correctional Facility
- City announces joint public hearing for county, Ambrose, Broxton, Douglas, Nicholls
- Two Douglas residents arrested on drug charges during Ocala, Fla., traffic stop