Coffee County detectives have arrested and charged a Douglas man in relation to the theft of a service weapon taken from a Georgia State Trooper from the area of Oconee County.
Detectives began the investigation on Jan. 5 and learned that a local resident, 23-year-old Ryan Carver, had been in possession of the stolen firearm. The weapon was later recovered from a residence off Dan Duran Rd.
Carver was arrested and faces charges of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of stolen property.
The recovered firearm has been returned to Oconee County authorities.
- County officials take their oaths of office
- Local drug investigation indicts 48 defendants for conspiracy, including three prison guards
- Republicans carry Coffee County, Democrats poised to win statewide in Senate races
- Two-vehicle chase leads to crashed patrol car, multiple arrests
- Deputies make arrests in child molestation, forgery cases