Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner John F. King announced today that Atmath Bell Wright, 35, and Joseph Dailey, 48, both of Metter, GA, and Samantha Jackson Pincus, 48, of Neeses, SC, were arrested in connection with a recent Coffee County fire.
The fire occurred at 1109 Brunswick Avenue in Nicholls around 8:22 a.m. on Friday, February 5. “The resident was not home at the time of the fire and investigators on scene noted a TV was missing,” said Commissioner King. “The culprits were all charged with 1st degree burglary and arson after one individual approached the Nicholls Police Chief claiming to be responsible.”
The investigation began in Coffee County but spilled over into Toombs and Candler Counties. Commissioner King’s Fire Investigations Unit assisted the Nicholls Police and Fire Departments in this case.
- DPD charges Kentarius Williams with numerous crimes, including arson and church burglary
- County, cities to host broadband public hearing
- $100,000 reward offered for arrest, conviction in 2021 Shann Peanut fire
- Department of Corrections, CoreCivic investigating four deaths at Coffee Correctional Facility
- City announces joint public hearing for county, Ambrose, Broxton, Douglas, Nicholls