A Coffee County man was jailed on numerous charges last week following a physical altercation in which he allegedly assaulted a female with a baseball bat.
Coffee County detectives responded to a residence off New Forest Highway in the Oak Park community on Thursday, Feb. 25, in reference to a possible aggravated assault. Upon arrival, the detective immediately observed obvious, significant injuries to the victim’s head and face.
The victim identified the suspect as John Allen Daniel and stated her injuries had been sustained as the result of Daniel striking her multiple times with a baseball bat.
After a short investigation, Daniel was located at another address and arrested on a charge of aggravated assault. Further investigation into the incident resulted in Daniel also being charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of a firearm with altered serial numbers.
Daniel is currently being held in the Coffee County Jail.
- City to hold public hearing on possible Revitalization Area Strategy designation
- Georgia Initiative for Community Housing recognizes City of Douglas
- DCA presents city with $400,000 grant
- Trinity School of Medicine, SGSC partner to provide a path to medical school
- South Florida deputies arrest federal fugitive from Coffee County