Bacon County deputies, other agents find drugs and cash during bust
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
On March 17, 2021, the Bacon County Sheriff Office’s Narcotics Unit along with the Jesup-Wayne County Tactical Narcotics Team and the Alma-Bacon County Crime Suppression Unit executed a search warrant at a residence on E. 9th St. in the City of Alma. They were assisted by officers with the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office, Alma Police Department, Jesup Police Department, Wayne County Sheriff’s Office, and Georgia State Patrol. The search warrant stemmed from a multi-jurisdictional investigation in trafficking of narcotics by suspect Patrick Lee Newson of Alma.
Drug agents located approximately 11 ounces of suspected powder cocaine, approximately 6 ounces of suspected methamphetamine, approximately 471 pills of MDMA, approximately 4 ounces of suspected crack cocaine, $2,402 in cash, and a handgun within the residence and vehicle driven by Newson.
Sheriff Andy Batten would like to thank Wayne County Sheriff Chuck Moseley and Chief Deputy Mike Hargrove, Jesup Police Department Acting Chiefs Captain Alex Reddish and Captain Perry Morgan, and Alma Police Department Chief Andre Brinson for their assistance in the operation. Sheriff Batten would also like to thank the Bacon County Board of Commissioners for their support of the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit.
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Drug unit officers arrest, charge Douglas man with meth possession after short chase
- Traffic stop leads to arrest on methamphetamine, cocaine charges
- Traffic stop for possible seatbelt violation leads to meth arrest
Latest from Submitted
- GBI makes arrest in Jeff Davis shooting
- Investigators go undercover, arrest wanted fugitive
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- SGSC falls to Monroe College in first round of NJCAA Tournament
- Rev. Charles Warnock, minister, pilot, World War II hero, passes at age 103