On March 17, 2021, the Bacon County Sheriff Office’s Narcotics Unit along with the Jesup-Wayne County Tactical Narcotics Team and the Alma-Bacon County Crime Suppression Unit executed a search warrant at a residence on E. 9th St. in the City of Alma. They were assisted by officers with the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office, Alma Police Department, Jesup Police Department, Wayne County Sheriff’s Office, and Georgia State Patrol. The search warrant stemmed from a multi-jurisdictional investigation in trafficking of narcotics by suspect Patrick Lee Newson of Alma.
Drug agents located approximately 11 ounces of suspected powder cocaine, approximately 6 ounces of suspected methamphetamine, approximately 471 pills of MDMA, approximately 4 ounces of suspected crack cocaine, $2,402 in cash, and a handgun within the residence and vehicle driven by Newson.
Sheriff Andy Batten would like to thank Wayne County Sheriff Chuck Moseley and Chief Deputy Mike Hargrove, Jesup Police Department Acting Chiefs Captain Alex Reddish and Captain Perry Morgan, and Alma Police Department Chief Andre Brinson for their assistance in the operation. Sheriff Batten would also like to thank the Bacon County Board of Commissioners for their support of the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit.
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- Drug officers arrest two on possession, trafficking charges
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Ben Hill officers serve search warrant, arrest three on drug charges
- Jeff Davis County officers round up suspects on variety of charges