A convicted sex offender who was on probation for child molestation is headed back to prison for admitting to having sex with a pig.
Scarber Jonal Smith of Wray pled guilty to child molestation in 2014 for an incident that occurred the previous year. He was sentenced to 20 years, seven of which he would serve in state prison. He would finish the remainder of his sentence on probation.
Smith had been released from prison and during a meeting with his probation officer, the officer discovered that he had violated the terms of his probation during a polygraph test. Smith admitted to committing the act of bestiality; specifically, having sex with a pig sometime between the dates of Oct. 18, 2020 and April 6, 2021.
Smith appeared in court on Wednesday, May 19, 2021, where his probation was revoked and he was sentenced to five years in state prison.
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas
- Dr. Greg Tanner named Interim President of South Georgia State College
- City holds push in ceremony for new fire truck
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties
Latest from Robert Preston
- Linebacker Larry Daniel named First Team All State, six others receive Honorable Mention
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl
- CHS junior selected to represent the US at international weightlifting competition
- McDuffie named Region Player of the Year, 11 other Trojans make All Region 1st Team