A Broxton man was arrested on serious charges, including aggravated assault, in Bacon County after a chase ended in a crash on U.S. 1 North.
According to a post on the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, Friday night, deputies responded to a domestic dispute on the side of Highway 32 West in Bacon County. Just before the deputies arrived, one subject, Elishia Phillip Chandler, 27, of Broxton, fled the scene. When deputies arrived, they found the other party lying on the side of the road unconscious.
Officers administered Narcan to revive the individual before EMS arrived. Other deputies located Chandler and attempted to stop his vehicle. He wouldn’t stop and led deputies and Alma police officers on a chase through Alma. Chandler wrecked his vehicle north of Alma on U.S. 1 and was arrested without further incident.
Chandler had active warrants out of Florida. For the Bacon County incident, he was charged with possession of fentanyl, possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana (less than one ounce), felony fleeing and attempting to elude, aggravated assault, and a host of traffic violations.
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- Drug officers arrest two on possession, trafficking charges
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Ben Hill officers serve search warrant, arrest three on drug charges
- Jeff Davis County officers round up suspects on variety of charges
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Migrant women endured medical mistreatment at Georgia ICE facility, U.S. Senate report finds
- DPD makes arrest in golf club thefts
- Douglas native one of 17 alleged gang members charged in Barrow County