Danny Ray Grantham, Jr., 46, of Douglas, has been arrested in Fernandina Beach, Florida, for allegedly breaking into a yacht at the city marina.
According to a release prepared by the Fernandina Beach Police Department and published by The Fernandina Observer, someone saw Grantham acting suspiciously at the marina as he boarded a yacht. The witness called police who located Grantham. During their investigation, officers tied Grantham to other incidents, including a residential trespass that had taken place earlier in the evening and a separate residential burglary.
As a result, Grantham was charged with two counts of burglary, trespass, and theft. He was arrested and transported to the Nassau County Jail, where he remains.
- Jury convicts Antonio Lopez Smith in 2017 burglary
- Officers arrest alleged home burglars in the act
- Novelist and Waycross native Joe Palmer to visit SGSC for book signing
- CHS honors students spend 'Georgia Tech Day at the Beach' with Francis Lott, GT staff
- Would-be thieves botch burglary, get arrested
Latest from Staff Reports
- Officers, firefighters battle storm to preserve American flag
- Douglas man arrested after allegedly stabbing girlfriend during argument
- DPD officers investigate Juanita Street homicide
- ADA Ian Sansot announces candidacy for District Attorney
- Two Douglas residents arrested on drug charges during Ocala, Fla., traffic stop