A convicted Florida felon and identified gang member was jailed on firearms charges by Coffee County Sheriff’s Office detectives last week.
Detectives learned on Aug. 18 that an individual identified as Brandon Lowe of Duval County, Fla., was in the Coffee County area and in unlawful possession of a firearm. Lowe was located following a brief investigation and was found to be in possession of a handgun.
During the investigation, it was discovered Lowe has been convicted of numerous felonies and had been validated as a gang member through the Florida Department of Corrections. He was subsequently arrested by Coffee County detectives and charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- Third suspect indicted on murder charges in death of Vann Brown
- Alexandria Bowen indicted, jailed for alleged involvement in fiance's heroin arrest
- Brother & Sister, children of original Allman Brothers founding member, to perform in Douglas Saturday night
- Early voting still underway, over 1,000 ballots cast so far
- Dr. Peterson speaks at Mercer graduation