The City of Douglas and Transwaste are offering a Junk Drop-Off Day in January to help citizens get rid of excess trash. The date will be Saturday, January 17, 2015 at the 9th Grade Academy located on the corner of Pine Street and Gaskin Avenue from 8 a.m. -12 p.m.
On Community Junk Drop-Off Days, a dumpster will be placed in a different neighborhood to offer residents a way to dispose of large, non-hazardous items and electronic items at no cost.
Acceptable brown and white good items include furniture, washing machines, refrigerators, dryers, stoves, microwaves, televisions, etc. This does not apply to hazardous chemicals such as paints/solvents, household cleaners, pesticides/herbicides, motor oil, antifreeze, batteries, or tires.
Proof of residency is required to drop off items at the designated location. This is for households in the City of Douglas. Please no business or commercial dumping.
For more information, please call (912) 384-3302 or dial 311.
-Submitted by the City of Douglas
- City contracts with Chamber on tourism, Main Street services
- City's junk drop off day is this Saturday
- Premium Peanut wins overall at Christmas parade
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: Community toy drive, Mayors' Christmas Motorcade, and more
- Residents of Wards 2 and 3 invited to a listening session with city officials on Dec. 17