Andre Larron Benjamin, 19, has been charged with felony murder and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime in connection with the shooting death of Joshua Lashawn Brown, 21.
Brown was killed on July 15, 2021, at Georgian Woods Apartments on McNeil Drive. The investigation has been ongoing since the shooting. With the assistance of the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office, the GBI, Georgia State Patrol, and other agencies, officers were able to charge Benjamin with the crime.
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- 32-year-old allegedly forces way into a home, says he kills everybody, then sits down and has a meal
- Man charged for allegedly stabbing 17-year-old during dispute at home
- Trial recap: Jury finds Justin Anderson innocent of murder, guilty of tampering with evidence and making false statements
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Migrant women endured medical mistreatment at Georgia ICE facility, U.S. Senate report finds
- DPD makes arrest in golf club thefts
- Douglas native one of 17 alleged gang members charged in Barrow County