The Atkinson County Fire Department has released a statement regarding Tuesday night’s fire at the Country Cabin:
On Tuesday, December 14, 2021 the Atkinson County Fire Department responded to a structure fire located at the County Cabin Restaurant.
The ccame in from dispatch at 8:16 pm. The first unit arrived on scene within five minutes and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the kitchen area of the restaurant. Due to the quick response of the Atkinson County Fire Department an additional help from Coffee County Fire Department the fire was contained to the kitchen area with some smoke damage throughout the structure.
A total of 16 fire personnel responded from the Atkinson County Fire Department along with numerous others from Coffee County Fire Department and Clinch County Fire Department. All occupants were evacuated safely with no injuries reported.
The cause of the fire is undetermined at this time.
- ATCO officers make fourth arrest in armed robberies investigation
- GBI makes arrests in Atkinson County armed robbery investigation
- Atkinson County searching for woman reported missing on June 8
- Douglas woman jailed after shooting, witnesses say it was in self-defense
- ATCO man allegedly accuses father of taking his meth then threatens officers