Deputies arrest suspect in connection to multiple thefts, entering autos
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A local man faces multiple felony charges following a string of recent thefts and unlawful vehicle entries.
Coffee County Sheriff’s Office detectives were investigating these cases on Friday, April 1, when deputies observed a suspicious vehicle leaving the area where the crimes had occurred.
A Coffee County deputy attempted to make contact with the vehicle in an effort to identify the occupants, and the vehicle fled the scene. The suspect vehicle crashed after a brief pursuit, and the driver fled on foot into a wooded area off Baker Hwy. near Clyde Kirkland Rd.
During a search of the area, the driver of the vehicle was located hiding under a residence. The subject, later identified as Zamarion Pope, was arrested and transported to the sheriff’s office. During an interview with Coffee County detectives, Pope confessed to breaking into numerous vehicles and stealing several items, including firearms and purses.
Pope faces numerous felony warrants to include possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, entering an auto, and theft of firearms.
- Detective witnesses fight inside car, lands Fitzgerald man in jail
- Drug unit officers serve warrant, find suspect flushing alleged drugs down toilet
- David Rios, one of Coffee County's Most Wanted, still on the run after 11 years
- Officer recognizes man driving on suspended license, makes traffic stop and finds meth
- GBI arrests Coffee County man in child death investigation
Latest from Submitted
- Wiregrass announces President's and Dean's List for dual enrollment students
- SGSC professor’s reference book makes best new Journalism/New Technical Writing books list
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- SGSC announces Spring 2023 academic honors lists
- City to end recycling program on August 1