Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
The Lady Trojans got off to a great start in 2022 with a 6-4 win over visiting Thomas County Central in a scrimmage on Thursday, Aug. 4 at Faircloth Field.
Erin Robinson scattered 3 hits through 5 innings and only allowed 1 earned run striking out 7 Lady Jackets from the circle. Karlee Thomas closed the door with a pair of innings in relief striking out 3.
The Lady Trojans pounded out 10 hits including 2 each by Imani Paulk, Kaci Thacker, and Hanna Hutchison. Hannah Capps, Morgan Hodges, Ella Winters, and Morgan Adams all added a hit and Hodges drove in a pair of runs in the win. Hannah Capps and Imori Paulk swiped a bag apiece offensively and added a little excitement on the basepaths for the Lady Trojans.
"We pitched well against TCC and that was a great sign. Erin is only a sophomore and Karlee is a freshman so that's a good thing for us as a staff. We played pretty good defensively too so we're pretty excited about this year. This team fought hard and overcame a 3-1 TCC lead and that also is a great sign for us,” said head coach Stan Hughes.
The Lady Trojans played on the road Monday and Tuesday. Their home opener is scheduled for Thursday against visiting Camden County, weather permitting.
- Trojans head into state title game as six-point favorites
- Tyreek Hill makes case as first wide receiver to win NFL MVP
- Coffee beats Cartersville for 14th win, headed to the state title game
- Freshman Trojans made their own history with undefeated season
- For the third time in four years, Coffee faces Cartersville on the road in the postseason