The Coffee Trojans and Salem Seminoles had played each other four times heading into Friday night’s matchup at Jardine Stadium. The Trojans were a perfect 4-0 and had outscored the Seminoles 186-14.
You can add a win and a record-setting 65 more points to Coffee’s total.
The Trojans defeated the Seminoles for a fifth straight time, this time 65-0. Coffee matched its highest first-half point total of 51. In 2019, Coffee led Salem 51-8 at halftime, eventually winning 64-8. Though the Trojans equalled 2019’s first-half total, Coffee has never led by 51 at the half — at least not that this reporter can remember.
The Trojans got touchdowns out of Billy Simpson (61 yard throw and catch from quarterback Maurice Hansley), Antwain McDuffie (2), Tyrese Woodgett, Fred Brown (2), Keshad Turner (23 yard pass from Hansley), Maurice Hansley, and Tyrese Hansley. Coffee also picked up a safety the second quarter. Kicker Jonah Saylor was perfect on extra points.
The Trojans are now 3-1 on the season and play Richmond Hill in a Homecoming match-up next week at Jardine Stadium. Kick-off is set for 7:30.
- Fund-raiser for John Myron Coffee scholarship fund set for December 17
- Trojan wrestlers finish second at Jeff Davis Duals meet
- Five CHS students receive REACH Scholarship
- Trojans fall 56-28 to Cartersville Purple Hurricanes, finish with 10-3 record
- Trojans take down Decatur Bulldogs 51-23 in second round