Two Hawks combine for no-hitter in 6-0 win over Andrew College
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in Sports
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Two South Georgia State College Hawks combined for a no-hitter against the Andrew College Fighting Tigers on Thursday. The Hawks, playing at home, won the game 6-0.
Starter Brian Crooms went eight innings, allowing zero hits, zero runs, and four walks. Reliever Shawn Munoz closed things out for SGSC with an inning of hitless work. He struck out one and allowed a walk.
The Hawks scored one run in the second on an RBI single by Michael Fitzpatrick. Then they put the game away with five in the eighth. Junior Lonon and Christian Campbell led the rally for SGSC. Matthew Mebane added his fifth home run of the season in the inning as well. Campbell finished the day 3-4 with a run scored and an RBI. Megan went 2-4 with a run scored and two RBI.
Crooms is among the leaders in the Georgia Collegiate Athletic Conference in strikeouts (35) and earned run average (3.75). Munoz is second in the GCAA with three saves while Mebane and Fitzpatrick are tied for second in the conference with five home runs.
SGSC and Andrew face each other again in a double-header in Douglas beginning at 1 p.m.
- Officers catch target during traffic stop, find over four pounds of methamphetamine
- Elections board to consider bringing in independent counsel to investigate alleged 2021 security breach
- Tamya Pope overcomes the odds: 'I just had the mindset to keep going'
- SGSC professor’s reference book makes best new Journalism/New Technical Writing books list
- Driver traveling nearly 30 mph over speed limit found carrying suspected methamphetamine