South Georgia State College men’s and women’s swim teams continued their winning ways while hosting the eighth annual South Georgia State College Invitational. Both teams won the tri-meet held in Douglas on Saturday. Both the men and women move to 4-0 on the season by defeating Thomas University and LaGrange College. The Hawks’ women scored 274 points to Thomas’ 148 and the men amassed 264 points to second place Thomas’ 216. LaGrange was third on both sides of the meet.
Leading the women was sophomore Jessica Dunton. The Carrolton, Ga., native won the 400 IM and the 200 butterfly events. Savannah’s Jessilyn Graham also won two events, taking first in the 50 freestyle and 100 breaststroke. Albany’s Delaney Smith won the 200 breast stroke while Lafayette, Louisiana’s Abigail Aldridge took the top spot in the 100 butterfly.
For the men, former Bolles club swimmers Jackson Bloom won the 100 butterfly and set a new team record with a time of 51.76 while Ryan Buczkowski won the 100 backstroke event.
The Hawks won two relays on the day. The women’s 400 yard freestyle relay consisting of Aldridge, Kallie Kornowski, Casey Hall and Lindsey Garrison took first while Bloom, Andrew Brown, Trace Austin and Zac Elz won the men’s 200 yard freestyle relay.
The next meet for the Hawks will be at Berry College in Rome, Ga., on November 17 and 18.
- CRH Pain Management welcomes Dr. Kate Paylo
- Community Foundation announces grant deadline, to award grants totaling $10,000
- Douglas is a Golf Cart Community but there are guidelines for operating carts on city streets
- Brianna Faulk comes full circle, has a bright basketball coaching future
- Dr. G. Wayne Clough named Georgia Author of the Year