South Georgia State College (SGSC) men’s basketball player Nate Louis has been named the first GCAA Division I Player of the Week for the 2017-2018 regular season.
A 5’11” sophomore from Miami, Fla., Louis averaged 21.5 points, six rebounds, seven assists, and 1.5 steals in wins over Denmark Tech and Indian River State. He is averaging 18.2 points, 4.8 rebounds, and 7.8 assists per game this season.
Louis currently leads the GCAA in total assists (47) and is in the top five in steals (15), assist to turnover ratio (3.9), and points per game average.
The Hawks are currently 5-1 and will play Florida State College-Jacksonville and Denmark Tech on the road before returning to Waycross Dec. 8-9 for the Chick-fil-A Classic.
General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Hawks Basketball pulls away from Atlanta Metro from win No. 20
- South Georgia State Softball announces summer day camp for students in first through eighth grade
- SGSC Lady Hawks open at home with two shutout victories against USC-Salkahatchie
- SGSC softball splits its season opener with Daytona State
- SGSC swim teams compete at Sun Coast Conference swim meet in Columbus