South Georgia State College (SGSC) men’s basketball player Nate Louis has been named the first GCAA Division I Player of the Week for the 2017-2018 regular season.
A 5’11” sophomore from Miami, Fla., Louis averaged 21.5 points, six rebounds, seven assists, and 1.5 steals in wins over Denmark Tech and Indian River State. He is averaging 18.2 points, 4.8 rebounds, and 7.8 assists per game this season.
Louis currently leads the GCAA in total assists (47) and is in the top five in steals (15), assist to turnover ratio (3.9), and points per game average.
The Hawks are currently 5-1 and will play Florida State College-Jacksonville and Denmark Tech on the road before returning to Waycross Dec. 8-9 for the Chick-fil-A Classic.
General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- SGSC picks up third win of the season
- SGSC's Skyler Baggs named first GCAA Player of the Week of the season
- SGSC men’s swim team finishes first, women second in Thomasville
- SGSC Hawks finish sweep of Andrew College to extend winning streak to eight games
- SGSC baseball sweeps four-game set against Georgia Highlands to move into second place in GCAA ranking