The South Georgia State College Hawks were outscored 8-1 in the final minute Thursday afternoon and dropped their conference opener to the East Georgia State College Bobcats 79-72.
The game was originally scheduled for Wednesday but had to be postponed due to Winter Storm Grayson’s impact in southern Georgia.
The Hawks (11-4, 0-1) once again found themselves in a back-and-forth affair with both teams enduring nine ties and seven lead changes. The game was tied 71-71 with less than a minute remaining when a three-pointer by the Bobcats began the final 8-1 scoring run.
Nate Louis led the Hawks with 25 points, seven rebounds, and three assists. Tracy Hector finished with 11 points, four rebounds, and six assists.
The Hawks will travel to Macon, Ga., Saturday afternoon to play Central Georgia Tech. SGSC returns home Saturday, Jan. 13 to face Georgia Highlands. Tip for the Georgia Highlands game is set for 4 p.m.
General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- SGSC Hawks finish sweep of Andrew College to extend winning streak to eight games
- SGSC baseball sweeps four-game set against Georgia Highlands to move into second place in GCAA ranking
- SGSC Hawks baseball take victory in high-scoring game against West Georgia Tech
- SGSC Hawks baseball walk away with a victory over East Georgia
- SGSC Hawks baseball lose close game with ABAC