The South Georgia State College swim teams traveled to Emanuel College this past weekend to compete in a meet with three other four-year schools. SGSC's men took second to Emanuel College and the women placed third behind first place Emanuel and second place Brenau University. "It was our first meet that featured a full slate of events since we returned from semester break," commented Coach CM Jenkins. "We needed to swim the long events in order to prepare for our national meet in March."
Leading the men's team was sophomore sprinter Zac Elz. Elz won the 50 freestyle on Friday night and placed second in the 100 free on Saturday. Freshman Jackson Bloom earned two second places in both the 100 and 200 butterfly. Sophomore Andrew Brown placed second in the 100 breast while freshman Andrew Woith placed second in the 100 backstroke.
For the women's team, sophomore distance swimmer Brittany Herndon placed second in the 500 free while Jessica Dunton earned a second place in the 200 fly. Freshman Jessilyn Graham also placed second in the 200 breaststroke event.
- Here are the SGSC students from Coffee, Atkinson on academic honors list
- SGSC’s Hailey Furman to pursue Ivy League education in fall
- SGSC's Baldwin notches 250th career win
- SGSC to hold information sessions for bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood and Special Education
- SGSC splits in Applebee's Okefenokee College Classic