South Georgia State College (SGSC) stole the lead late in the game in a 4-3 victory over Tallahassee Community College (TCC) on Saturday. The game was tied at three with the Hawks battling in the top of the eleventh inning when Blake Brito’s sacrifice fly scored one run. Jake Bryan led the hitting for the Hawks with two hits in four at bats. Cole Escher, KC Brown, Jacob Giles and Blake Brito each contributed one hit during the game.
Pitcher Mark Mixon started the game for SGSC. He allowed three hits and two runs over six innings, striking out seven. Ian Smith took the win for the Hawks with two hits and one run allowed over five innings, striking out six.
Along with the upcoming regular season games, the Hawks will play Friday, Feb. 9 in Douglas as part of the 2018 SGSC Homecoming Weekend. The doubleheader starts at 1 p.m. All alumni and community members are invited to attend and admission is free during Homecoming Weekend. Refreshments for alumni will be served at 4:30 p.m. at Crider Field.
For more information, including a complete schedule, team roster, photos, and scores, visit www.sgsc.edu/athletics.
- 2018 SGSC Athletic Hall of Fame class to be recognized on June 7 at Gala
- SGSC receives award from Georgia Trust and Historic Preservation for Davis Hall renovation
- South Georgia State College approved for state funding to renovate Powell Hall
- Speakers focus on pride of family, commitment to learning and working hard at SGSC's 2018 Commencement
- SGSC Hawks pitcher named player of year, Timothy named coach of year