Both pitching staffs had their hands full on Wednesday, March 28, 2018, in a high-scoring game with East Georgia, but South Georgia State College (SGSC) came out on top with a score of 10-6.
SGSC totaled 14 hits in the game. Collecting two hits each were Cole Escher, Tyler Salomon, Seth Shadix, Garrison Hurd, Blake Brito and Ty Tyndal. Jacob Giles and Justin Brooks each added one hit.
Mark Mixon started the game for the Hawks. He lasted four and a third innings, allowing seven hits and five runs while striking out six. Austin Knowles earned the win for SGSC. He allowed two hits and one run over three and two-thirds innings, striking out four. Hassan Westbrook threw one inning in relief out of the bullpen.
- SGSC Foundation hosts its 2018 Gala including the Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- SGSC announces Spring 2018 Academic Honors Lists
- SGSC to celebrate Inauguration of Dr. Ingrid Thompson-Sellers in September
- 2018 SGSC Athletic Hall of Fame class to be recognized on June 7 at Gala
- SGSC receives award from Georgia Trust and Historic Preservation for Davis Hall renovation