Both pitching staffs had their hands full on Wednesday, March 28, 2018, in a high-scoring game with East Georgia, but South Georgia State College (SGSC) came out on top with a score of 10-6.
SGSC totaled 14 hits in the game. Collecting two hits each were Cole Escher, Tyler Salomon, Seth Shadix, Garrison Hurd, Blake Brito and Ty Tyndal. Jacob Giles and Justin Brooks each added one hit.
Mark Mixon started the game for the Hawks. He lasted four and a third innings, allowing seven hits and five runs while striking out six. Austin Knowles earned the win for SGSC. He allowed two hits and one run over three and two-thirds innings, striking out four. Hassan Westbrook threw one inning in relief out of the bullpen.
- SGSC Hawks finish sweep of Andrew College to extend winning streak to eight games
- Lowndes High School wins South Georgia State College Mathematics Tournament
- SGSC baseball sweeps four-game set against Georgia Highlands to move into second place in GCAA ranking
- South Georgia State College to hold a part-time faculty job fair on May 1
- South Georgia State College's Phi Theta Kappa chapters receive awards at region conference