Keegan McGovern, whom the Seattle Mariners drafted earlier this month, has already made quite an impact in the Mariners organization and is about to make his second stop with the club.
The 6’3”, 200-pound outfielder reported to the Everett (Washington) Aquasox soon after being drafted. In the Northwest League’s short A season, McGovern hit .313 (5-16) with two doubles and two RBI in four games.
Yesterday, he left the Aquasox for the Clinton (Iowa) Lumberkings for the rest of the A season. The Mariners drafted McGovern in the 9th round of the 2018 MLB Draft out of the University of Georgia, where he led the Bulldogs in most offensive categories. The Willacoochee native played his high school ball for the Coffee Trojans.
- City to participate in Mayor's Christmas Motorcade
- Killer remains at large following Sunday morning fatal shooting, reward offered
- Video: Citizens offer assistance to Douglas police officer bloodied during foot chase
- Coffee's rushing game wins the day, Trojans beat Wildcats and move on to third round
- #4 seed Trojans knock off #1 seed Stephenson Jaguars in first round